Thursday, April 12, 2012

China Glaze Electrify

   Hi guys! For today, I have the second (and last) polish that I got from China Glaze's Colors from the Capitol collection, Electrify.

Electrify is a bunch of small, bright gold and slightly larger red hex glitter in a clear base. There's alot of red, but more gold. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Ottlite, no flash.


Ottlite, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

        Electrify was named for District 5 (which is in charge of giving electricity to all of Panem) and happens to be my absolute favorite polish from the collection. At the most superficial level, I love this because it's ridiculously sparkly and fun, and ya'll know how I feel about GLITTAH. But I also like that you can see how the district fits in with the polish, and I can also see some other Hunger Games stuff in there too, like the girl on fire costume and even the cornucopia. My only sadness is that more of the collection didn't come out like this, but I guess my wallet is relieved about that. But bottom line, Electrify is magic. Get you some. 
    Formula-wise, Electrify was good. I used three coats for the pictures and was really happy with the coverage. However, Electrify does dry gritty and dull, so to get the most out of it, I needed two layers of topcoat: one thick layer of Gelous and another thick layer of Poshe on top. It was hellish to remove, but at least everything dried lightning quick and was absolutely gorgeouss. 

But that's all from me today!
Thanks for reading guys, and have an awesome Thursday!! ^_^